A World Leader in Pediatric Healthcare
Founded in 1950, Miami Children's Hospital® is South Florida’s only licensed specialty hospital exclusively for children. The 289-bed hospital is renowned for excellence in all aspects of pediatric medicine with several specialty programs ranked among the best in the nation in 2010 by U.S.News & World Report.
The hospital has also been designated an American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC) Magnet facility, the nursing profession’s most prestigious institutional honor and is home to the largest pediatric teaching program in the southeastern United States.
With a medical staff of more than 650 physicians and over 2,000 employees, the hospital is renowned for excellence in all aspects of pediatric medical care from birth through adolescence, offering more than 40 pediatric specialties and subspecialties, and is home to Florida’s only free-standing pediatric trauma center.
· Miami Children’s Falls Prevention Program Receives Top Magnet® Honor
· Best Urgent Care (Broward): Miami Children’s Hospital Miramar Outpatient Center
· Best Urgent care (Palm Beach): Miami Children’s Hospital Nicklaus Outpatient Center
· Best Kept Secret: Miami Children’s Hospital Dan Marino Outpatient Center
· Ranked in 2014 InformationWeek Elite 100
· Recognized in 2014 in Becker’s Healthcare List of 150 Great Places to Work in Healthcare
· Named among the Top 125 Training Organizations by Training Magazine every year since 2006
· Miami Children’s Hospital Physicians Receive Patients’ Choice Awards
· Several Pediatric Specialty Programs ranked among the best in the nation in 2014-15 rankings by U.S.News & World Report
· Designated Magnet Facility by the American Nurses Credentialing Center (ANCC)
· 52 Physicians from Miami Children’s Named to Prestigious 2014 Best Doctors in America List