About Virginia Hospital Center
Virginia Hospital Center has provided exceptional medical services to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area for 70 years and recently was named one of America’s 100 Top Hospitals® and 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics. These selections are based completely on objective, public data that measures performance excellence in clinical quality care, patient safety, patient perception of care, operational efficiency and financial stability. Virginia Hospital Center, designated as a Magnet® hospital by the American Nurses Credentialing Center, is a 342-bed not-for-profit, teaching facility offering comprehensive healthcare and multiple, independently recognized Centers of Excellence including: Cardiology & Cardiovascular Surgery, the Reinsch Pierce Family Center for Breast Health, Neuroscience/Stroke, Oncology, Orthopedics (Total Joint Replacement Services), Bariatric Surgery, Palliative Care, Inpatient Rehab, Wound Healing a& Hyperbaric, Emergency Services, Women & Infant Health and Urology. For more information, please visit www.virginiahospitalcenter.com.
Awards & Recognition
• Named one of America’s 50 Top Cardiovascular Hospitals® by Truven Health Analytics —the only hospital in the Washington, DC Metropolitan region recognized as such.
• Named one of America’s 100 Top Hospitals® (for the second year in a row) by Truven Health Analytics. Also one of only 17 of the 100 Top Hospitals to receive the 2013 Everest Award. • Received a
Hospital Safety Score of A from The Leapfrog Group.
• Named one of the Top 100 Hospitals with Great Orthopedic Programs for 2013 by Becker’s Hospital Review. The only hospital in the Washington, DC Metropolitan region to be so honored. • Received
Magnet recognition by the American Nurses Credentialing Center’s (ANCC).
• Recognized by Joint Commission as a Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® for Heart Attack, Heart Failure, Pneumonia and Surgical Care. • Recognized as one of America’s
• Top 100 "Best Value" Hospitals – Hospital Value Index™.
• Reaccredited with the Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ for Primary Stroke Center and Total Joint Replacement (Hip & Knee).
• Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ for Advanced Palliative Care Program.
• Joint Commission Gold Seal of Approval™ for Advanced Inpatient Diabetes.
• Recipient of the Press Ganey Guardian of Excellence Award and recognized specifically in two categories – Inpatient and Emergency Department.
• Accredited by the American College of Surgeons’ Commission on Cancer (COC) and recipient of the COC Outstanding Achievement Award.
• Named to the Top 100 Healthstrong Hospitals list by iVantage Health Analytics.
• Accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF) International for both the Inpatient Rehab Hospital Program and the Rehab Stroke Specialty Program.
• The Emergency Department was selected as a Lantern Award recipient by the Emergency Nurses Association (ENA).
• Three-year accreditation of Radiation Oncology by the American College of Radiology (ACR) and the American Society for Radiation Oncology (ASTRO).
• Virginia Hospital Center was awarded the Leadership Arlington Ethics Award.
• Virginia Hospital Center was recognized with a 2013 Virginia Excellence Award by the Small Business Institute for Excellence in Commerce (SBIEC).
• Voted "Best Place to Have a Baby 2013" by the readers of Arlington Magazine.
• CareChex® Hospital Quality Ratings: Overall rating – #1 in Metro Area, #2 in VA, Top 10% in the Nation; Overall medical care – #1 in Metro Area, #3 in VA, Top 10% in the Nation; Overall surgical care – #1 in Metro Area, #2 in VA, Top 100 in the Nation; Cancer Care – Top 10% in the Nation, Top 10% in VA; Cardiac Care – #1 in the Metro/Baltimore area, Top 100 in the Nation, Top 10% in VA; GI Care – Top 100 in the Nation, #3 in VA; Neurological Care – Top 100 in the Nation, #3 in VA; Orthopedic Care – #1 in the Metro Area, Top 50 in the Nation, #3 in VA; Pneumonia Care – Top 50 in the Nation, #1 in the Metro/Baltimore area, #1 in VA; Pulmonary Care – #1 in the Metro Area, #2 in VA, Top 10% in the Nation; Stroke Care – Top 10% in the Nation, Top 10% in VA.