Founded in 1932, Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) has a rich history of caring for the Dayton community. Today the hospital is a vibrant, multi-campus operation and a leading provider of inpatient and outpatient health care services. A full-service teaching facility, the hospital provides advanced services in cardiovascular care, cancer care, orthopedics, neuroscience, diagnostics, and women’s health. It is also home to the Good Samaritan North Health Center, one of the largest freestanding outpatient facilities2. The hospital employs approximately 3300 employees. Good Samaritan’s mission is to build healthier communities with others who share our commitment to provide high-quality, cost-competitive health care services. Serving the Dayton community is a primary goal of GSH. Good Samaritan Hospital provides Samaritan Cancer Center, Heart and Vascular Hospital, The Joint Replacement Center, and The Center for Sports Medicine. As a proud member of Premier Health, GSH is committed to improving health care in the community, and being a good corporate neighbor in the Dayton area. Dayton is located in the southwestern part of Ohio with easy access to other cities in the tri-state area.
Our awards and recognition demonstrate our commitment to excellence, to our patients, and to our employees. Good Samaritan Hospital (GSH) is proud to be recognized as a leader in health care on both a regional and national level.
· U.S. News & World Reports - Seven High Performing Specialties
· HealthGrades Awards
· National study Ranks Good Samaritan Hospital's Quality Top Five Percent in Nation - HealthGrades Distinguished Hospital Award for Clinical Excellence 2014, 2012, 2011, 2010, 2009
· HealthGrades rates Good Samaritan Hospital in the Top 5% in Nation for Emergency Medicine 2012, 2011, 2010
· National Study Finds Good Samaritan Hospital in the Top 10% of the Nation for Cardiology Services 2014, 2013
· American Association of Cardiovascular and Pulmonary Rehabilitation (AACVPR) Certification
· Society of Thoracic Surgeons Honors Dayton Heart and Vascular Hospital at Good Samaritan (DHVH) 2013, 2012
· Robotic Gynecologic Epicenter
· HealthGrades Rates Good Sam #1 in Ohio for Vascular Surgery and #1 in Dayton for Joint Replacement
· U.S. News & World Report Names GSH as Top-Rated in Respiratory Disorders Care
· National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers Grants Samaritan North Breast Center Full Accreditation
· Joint Commission Certification has awarded Good Samaritan Hospital seven Gold-Seal disease-specific certifications.