Since 1956, we’ve grown from a 200-bed, one-building hospital to a regional health system with 765 beds, five hospitals, and primary care physician offices throughout Cumberland County and surrounding areas.
Cape Fear Valley Health in Fayetteville, North Carolina, is one of the largest health systems in the state with more than 1 million inpatient and outpatients annually. We are a private not-for-profit organization and Cumberland County's largest non-government employer.
We take pride in the quality patient care we provide at our facilities2, including: Cape Fear Valley Medical Center, Highsmith-Rainey Specialty Hospital, Cape Fear Valley Rehabilitation Center, Behavioral Health Care and Bladen County Hospital.
Our Mission: Providing exceptional healthcare for all our patients.
Our Vision: In every way, improving the quality of every life we touch.
We are committed to excellence through our values:
- Patient-Centeredness: Putting our patients’ interests first, providing unsurpassed service, with an emphasis on safety and quality outcomes.
- Integrity: All that we say and do is founded in honesty, openness and respect.
- Cultural Diversity: Respecting our community’s multicultural diversity in our daily operations and practices.
- Innovation: Encouraging creativity, embracing change, continual learning and personal empowerment.
- Teamwork: Embracing a variety of opinions and being mutually supportive in achieving our vision.
- Accountability: To our community, our organization and to each other for our individual and organizational performance and behaviors.
Cape Fear Valley is an award-winning, five-hospital regional health system that has been nationally recognized by:
- Society for Cardiovascular Patient Care: Chest Pain Center Accreditation
- The Joint Commission: Disease Specific Certification in Heart Failure
- The Joint Commission: Disease Specific Certification in Stroke
- The Joint Commission: Disease Specific Certification in Hip & Knee Replacement Surgery
- Society of Thoracic Surgeons: 3 Star Rating in cardiac surgery, which puts us in the top 15% in the nation