The South Dakota Human Services Center (HSC) is a licensed specialty hospital. The Center serves South Dakotans ranging from adolescents to geriatrics. HSC provides state-of-the-art treatment for persons admitted with mental illness and/or chemical dependency. HSC is a member of the South Dakota Associate of Healthcare Organizations (SDAHO) and the Western Psychiatric State Hospital Associate (WPSHA).
The Human Services Center inpatient program areas include:
Adule Acute Psychiatric Program
Adult Psychiatric Rehabilitation & Recovery Program
Intensive Treatment Unit
Geriatric Program (licensed nursing home)
Adult Chemical Dependency Program
The South Dakota Human Services Center offers competitive salaries and an excellent benefits package.
In addition to benefits, many positions offer hiring incentives, shift differentials, holiday incentives, weekend differentials, overtime opportunities, flexible scheduling and more!
An overview of the benefits are below:
- 10 paid holidays per year
- 3 weeks paid vacation per year
- approximately 3 weeks sick leave per year, unlimited accumulation of sick leave
- Employer-paid health insurance for employee
- Employer-paid life insurance for employee
- Contributing member of the South Dakota Retirement System (6% contributions matched by the State when pension plan utilized), contributions are tax deferred.
Optional Benefits Include:
- Supplemental retirement plan
- Group health insurance for family members
- Group life insurance available for additional employee and dependent coverage
- Long-term care insurance
- Flexible benefits: vision, dental, hospital indemnity, major injury, short-term disability, day care spending account and medical expense spending account
- Reduced tuition
Part-time employees working 20 hours per week or more are eligible for all benefits and accumulate holidays, sick and vacation time on a prorated basis.
A complete listing of benefits can be found at www.benefits.sd.gov