Join Uvalde Memorial Hospital as we open our brand new, state-of-the-art 153,000 square-foot hospital in Fall, 2021!
UMH is a Joint Commission Accredited hospital, recognized both nationally and internationally for both patient quality and employee engagement successes.
- Received award for placing in the top quartile in Modern Healthcare’s National “Top 100 Best Places to Work.”
- Received National recognition from Press Ganey for sustained top decile performance in employee engagement, resulting in over 15 awards from Press Ganey over the last 10 years.
- 20 years of accreditation by The Joint Commission.
- International acclamation from Studer Group with both their Fire Starter Award for patient and employee performance, as well as Discharge Processes in Patient Care
- CMS 4-Star rated hospital in Patient Quality of Care for two years.
- Top-of-the-line equipment providing the service region with access to medical care that rivals what is found in a big city
- Highly trained staff who have advanced certifications and take pride in advancing their education in the latest healthcare practices.
Situated at the base of the Hill Country, Uvalde is considered the "best kept secret in the West." It is the honey capital of the world, which means our Southern charm comes naturally. Also known as the "tree city," it is one of the few places you will find hundred- year-old-trees growing in the middle of the roads. Spectacular spring flowers and amazing autumn colors are the backdrop to outdoor adventures. We host tourists year-round with a variety of summer activities and hunting for dove, deer, and turkey in the fall. A short commute to San Antonio yields world-class shopping and dining. After a day of urban adventure, return home to rural Texas where running home for lunch every day and raising a family in a small town atmosphere is completely feasible.
Benefits for Full Time Employees Include:
- Paid Time Off and Extended Sick Leave
- Retirement Plans including matching 403(b) and 457(b) plans
- Health Insurance
- Dental Insurance
- Employer Paid Life Insurance
- Short Term Disability
- Wellness Program