10 Hospitals with Great Benefits in 2016
November 23, 2016
With healthcare salary trends available with a few clicks of a button, medical professionals know the exact range they can expect to be offered based on similar hospital jobs in their area. With many hospitals paying around the same annual salary, offering exceptional benefits is something that sets one hospital apart from the rest. Every year, Becker’s Hospital Review compiles a list of the best places to work in healthcare and lists each hospital’s unique benefits.
From pet therapy to paid parental leave, each hospital on the list has something different to offer their employees. Here are 10 hospitals from the list with the best benefits in 2016:
1. Adena Health System
Adena Health System is located in Chillicothe, Ohio. With three hospitals, five clinics, and 2,400 employees, it is one of the region’s largest employers. The system also won the Gallup Great Workplace Award in both 2014 and 2015.
- Perks: Health and wellness incentives, continuing education programs, and the Adena Discount Mall, where employees can shop more than 100,000 name brands and access tickets to local events and movies.
2. Atlantic Health System
Atlantic Health System is comprised of five hospitals, a home care and hospice center, and a rehabilitation center. The system is often recognized for its exemplary benefits and employee satisfaction, and was named to Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the eighth consecutive year.
- Perks: A “Healing Culture” that includes a pet therapy program, tuition reimbursement, and retail discounts
3. Bailey Medical Center
Bailey Medical Center in Owasso, Oklahoma has been consistently listed as one of the top hospitals to work at by Modern Healthcare and was the recipient of the HealthStream Excellence Through Insight award for employee satisfaction in 2015.
- Perks: Extended illness leave, flexible spending accounts, health savings accounts, tuition reimbursement, annual free health screening with discounts
4. Baptist Health South Florida
Located in Coral Gables, Florida, Baptist Health South Florida is a faith-based organization with over 17,000 employees. It has been highly recognized for its workplace culture, and was listed by Fortune as one of the “50 Best Workplaces for Diversity” in 2015 and one of the “100 Best Companies to Work For” for the sixteenth time.
- Perks: Tuition assistance, scholarship program, financial assistance to employees purchasing their first home, and on-site dry-cleaning, hair salon, car wash, and childcare
5. Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta
The non-profit health system located in Atlanta has received numerous accolades for employee satisfaction. In 2016, Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta was named to Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” list for 11 years in a row. In addition, it was listed in Working Mother Magazine’s “100 Best Companies” list and named as one of the “Best Places to Work” according to the Atlanta Business Chronicle.
- Perks: Fitness classes, on-site massage therapy, free consultations with nutritionists and personal trainers, concierge service, discounts on tickets to local events
6. Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia
Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania is a great hospital to work at, especially for hospital IT professionals. The hospital was named by Computerworld as one of the “100 Best Places to Work in IT” in 2015. It was also listed as a “Top Workplace” on Philly.com in 2013.
- Perks: Discount website for employees, a Work/Life Balance Initiative to help employees improve the quality of their lives
7. Mayo Clinic
With major campuses in Minnesota, Arizona, Florida, and some smaller locations in several other states, the Mayo Clinic Health System currently employs over 60,000 people. In 2015, the health system was named by DiversityInc as one of the “Top 5 Hospitals and Health Systems” for the fourth year in a row.
- Perks: Tuition assistance, leadership training, identity theft insurance, adoption assistance, and other benefits involving travel and entertainment
8. Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare
Methodist Le Bonheur Healthcare, primarily located in Memphis, Tennessee, was named as one of Commercial Appeal’s “Top Workplaces” in 2015 for the third consecutive year.
- Perks: A myHealthy Life Program including mindfulness classes, on-site fitness classes, and weight loss programs, flexible scheduling, and tuition assistance
9. Jude Children’s Research Hospital
St. Jude is a non-profit pediatric cancer research hospital with 4,000 employees. St. Jude’s has been highly regarded as a great place to work, named as one of Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” and listed as one of the “Best Places to Work in Academia” by The Scientist magazine.
- Perks: Compressed work weeks, paid sabbaticals, on-site fitness center, tuition reimbursement, and a farmer’s market
10. UAB Medicine
UAB Medicine in Birmingham, Alabama is an academic medical center with 15,000 employees. It was named one of the “Healthiest Employers” by the Birmingham Business Journal, as well as the recipient of a Guardian of Excellence award and a Pinnacle of Excellence Award by Press Ganey.
- Perks: Paid parental leave (up to four months), on-site exercise classes, flexible scheduling, and generous PTO